IGNORED

Smoking....

Mrdc

Sorry to moan already but this really got my goat yesterday!

Sat in high in Dolman Block D (season tix holder for 8 years now), there were 3 people in row in front who just spent the entire game smoking and blowing their smoke behind them!

By the time I got home I stank of cigerette smoke and had to wash clothes had only put on fresh on Sat lunchtime!!

If you have to smoke please, please could you wait until half time and then go and stand at the top of the stand away from everybody else!! I am not hugely anti smoking in pubs etc as you can move around, but in an all seated football football stadium you cant do anything about it!!!!

I do really hope AG becomes non smoking soon!!!

Guest Eamer

I used to have a smoker sitting near me and would do the same. I have to agree with you that it is annoying as hell can't imagine three of them.

Sorry to moan already but this really got my goat yesterday!

Sat in high in Dolman Block D (season tix holder for 8 years now), there were 3 people in row in front who just spent the entire game smoking and blowing their smoke behind them!

By the time I got home I stank of cigerette smoke and had to wash clothes had only put on fresh on Sat lunchtime!!

If you have to smoke please, please could you wait until half time and then go and stand at the top of the stand away from everybody else!!  I am not hugely anti smoking in pubs etc as you can move around, but in an all seated football football stadium you cant do anything about it!!!!

I do really hope AG becomes non smoking soon!!!

It wont - get a life - there are wors things in life than having to wash your clothes ! Why don't you go and sit in a non-smoking area if it bothers you that much ?

It wont - get a life - there are wors things in life than having to wash your clothes !  Why don't you go and sit in a non-smoking area if it bothers you that much ?

I've been a season ticket hoider where I am for 8 years now and I'm not moving..... It will happen before long AG will be non smoking.

Then it will be aurevoir to smokers!

I've been a season ticket hoider where I am for 8 years now and I'm not moving..... It will happen before long AG will be non smoking.

Then it will be aurevoir to smokers!

You seem to expect other people to be considerate to your needs but show complete unwillingness to do that for others, and what makes you think the smokers are not season ticket holers ?

Judging by the number of smokers in the ground the club would be cutting off its nose to spite its face by banning smoking and the legality of such a move anyway is dubious, the gate is not an enclosed space and as private land even if the govt were to ban smoking in plublic places, football grounds would not count.

I am willing to make a stand as football is I feel one of the few places left that hasn't been engulfed by the tide of poliitical corectness.

You seem to expect other people to be considerate to your needs but show complete unwillingness to do that for others, and what makes you think the smokers are not season ticket holers ? 

Judging by the number of smokers in the ground the club would be cutting off its nose to spite its face by banning smoking and the legality of such a move anyway is dubious, the gate is not an enclosed space and as private land even if the govt were to ban smoking in plublic places, football grounds would not count. 

I am willing to make a stand as football is I feel one of the few places left that hasn't been engulfed by the tide of poliitical corectness.

Yes thats right mate, smoking is good for you, particularly when you've got a chesty cough, it loosens the phlegm, AND the ash is good for the carpet.

Berk.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Yes thats right mate,  smoking is good for you, particularly when you've got a chesty cough, it loosens the phlegm, AND the ash is good for the carpet.

Berk.

Your status sums you up, well done I like honesty

I just hate smoking in football grounds where you cant move around and get away from smokers!!

The other thing I cant stand are arrogant smokers whom seem to think they have a devine right to smoke and don't give a monkeys about anybody else!

And you my friend are one of them! I know where I would love to put your fags!!!

I'm a smooker and i understand peoples feelings about people smooking near them and that tey find it annoying. Well i find it annoying when people stand up in front of me at games, when the barge past be, when they eat some food that smells like a rotten egg. What I'm trying to point out is everyone does annoying things at the gate so in the end it equals it out. Football games and be very stressfull and when smookers get stresses the way they try 2 get rid of it is by smooking(give it a go it works). Reember tabacco is one of the most addictive drugs around. I got a four month old baby so when iever i have a fag i go to the kitchen. At AG i try to refrain from smooking until half time but sometimes the temptation is to hard to resist. And when i do have to smoke i blow my smook up into the air so it don't choke anyone. So next time you sit next to me can you plaese refrain from standing up in front of me, Eating nasty smelling foods, alk through out the game and annoy me and i won't blow smoke in your face.

Top post... a bit of consideratin goes a long way! I don't even mind somebody having a cig during the game.. but when you got 3 people in front of you lighting one after another it gets bit much.

My cigarettes whilst in the ground consists of 2.

I stand up before the game and have one and blow out the smoke upwards.

I do the same at half-time.

I know that by blowing the smoke upwards doesn't mean somebody isn't get some of it, but, it's what i'll continue to do until it is banned.

It's about as considerate as i'm prepared to be whilst i'm allowed to smoke legally in the ground. I think that is fair enough. If you don't, then the SL forum will be open soon or there is, of course, the Fans Committee to approach.

don't fight it, join us. Here, have one of mine

user posted image

Nice reply Wils made me nearly chocke on my Chicken whilst scrolling down rofl2br.gif

But seriously, I'm a smoker, have been a smoker for 17 years and if the Banning Smoking in public places comes into effect I wouldn't have a problem with it, I gave up for 15 months and until you actully stand near someone who's smoking and your a none smoker it realy is unpleasent and ex-smokers are the worst for moaning!

Until any rules come in I don't think anybody can do alot about it ( apart from the smokers themselves ), they could be alit more conciderate but I we've been down this road before and nothing will change until the club say different.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Its a disgusting and filthy habit and should be banned entirely from everywhere.

Just think how much money the NHS would save and much more cash smokers would have in thier own pockets.

Just think how much the NHS would save without having to treat fat people

...the club would be cutting off its nose to spite its face by banning smoking and the legality of such a move anyway is dubious, the gate is not an enclosed space and as private land even if the govt were to ban smoking in plublic places, football grounds would not count. 

The "Old Hampden" was a national stadium and most of the ground was non-smoking because of fire risk to the older stands. I am aware that since the ground has been modernised it's not an issue, but it does show BCFC could legally ban smoking on their own property if they so wish.

I don't smoke, but I really couldn't care if other people do. I know it's irritating but so are a lot of other things. A bit of consideration wouldn't go amiss however.

Carpets on the floor and telly in the backs of the seats next please. Its a football ground not a creche.

No doubt most of the anti this that and the other are quite happy to pollute the atmosphere driving their cars to the game. disapointed2se.gif

I hate smokers at the gate. Came back yesterday smelling of them. They should only smoke at half time so I at least have a chance of getting away whilst they do it.

If a smoker sparks up during the game, I will get up and stand somewhere else during their fag. If a steward says I have to sit down, I can say to them that they cannot make me sit in my seat next to a smoker because of the passive smoking. ( H&S regs, yippeee )

If they insist I sit down somewhere else, I refuse because I have paid for a seat, and will be going against the stadium rules. ( FL rules, yippeeee )

If everyone does this, smoking will be banned. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

A few facts to add to this debate

The amount of money the government make in tobacco taxes far outweighs the costs of treating smokers on the NHS. The government aren't stupid and would ban if it actually cost them money. It is anyway a bogus argument - lots of people, ie those that eat poor diets and take no exercise are a huge burden on the NHS, should they pay more tax ?

The smoker sitting next to you is not breaking any laws or ground regulation. You on the other hand, by refusing to sit down are breaking H&S rules, jeaopardising the ground license and putting yourself at risk of ejection and banning.

The association bewteen football and smoking is a long one, I can remember when cigarettes were advertsied and even sold pitch side at the Gate. Especially at the Gate people can surely see the irony that Bedminster United (Citys predecessors for the uneducated) basically consisted of Wills tobacco workers and that south Bristol was built on the back of the tobacco industry ?

As someone else has said I walk to the Gate and have no choice but to breath in the car fumes of people who chose to drive - the amount of pollution that my 5 or so fags produce during a game is miniscule, less than produced by just starting a car - and traffic pollution is a major cause of astma which kills thousands a year and

contributes to global warming and god knows what else.

Do you really want to hand football over to the sandal wearing, pc loving, muesli eating middle class liberals that are tring to impose their values on footy. What next, perrier water and stuffed vine leaves at half time ?? No thanks.

Archived